We live in an uncertain and unstable time. With the increased frequency and intensity of natural disasters, mass shootings, and political polarization there is growing anxiety, fear, and disconnect — a disconnect between groups of people and disconnect within ourselves. Seeking a way forward, I keep coming back to Ignatian spirituality and yoga. For the past eight years, I’ve had one foot in the world of Ignatian spirituality and the other in the world of yoga. It is a dream come true to integrate these two beautifully transformative traditions and bring them into new places. I am increasingly convinced that today, more than ever, the world needs these two paths.
Check out the upcoming events below and follow us on Facebook.
Upcoming Retreat Weekends:
- November 19-26: Sydney, Australia
- Follow on the Ignatian Yoga Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- February 2-4: Mariandale Retreat Center in Ossining, NY
- Theme: The Yoga of Gratitude: Sin, Grace and Acceptance
- May 18-20: Jesuit Spiritual Center in Cincinnati, OH
- Theme: The Yoga of Friendship: Discernment, Discipleship and Magis
- June 30-July 1: Jesuit Retreat House in Celeveland, OH
- Theme: The Yoga of Service: Suffering, Resurrection and Love in Action
- February 1-3, 2019: Bellarmine Retreat Center, Barrington, IL
- Theme: Ignatian Yoga Women’s Retreat
- Other programs TBA soon.
Registration links available at ignatianyoga.com
Get involved: If you would like to get involved in the Ignatian Yoga community, we’d love to collaborate. We are in need of:
- Registered Yoga Teachers with knowledge of Ignatian spirituality
- Ignatian-based spiritual directors
- Web designers
- PR, social media, and graphic designers
- Curriculum and program developers
Personal update: I am currently in year eight of Jesuit formation and the last of three years in my Regency assignment as a teacher at Brebeuf Jesuit Prep in Indianapolis. I plan to begin Theology Studies next Fall in Berkeley, Boston, or Toronto for the final three years of priestly formation. I look forward to deepening my studies and ministry of both Ignatian spirituality and yoga in the coming years.
I am deeply grateful for Alan Haras (co-founder of Ignatian Yoga) for his ideas and weekly conversations, the Midwest Province of Jesuits for their support and backing of Ignatian Yoga, the Bellarmine Retreat Center for their financial management, and to all of you who make these retreats possible.
Hope to see you soon!
Christ’s peace and Namaste,
Bobby Karle, SJ
Co-Founder of Ignatian Yoga